Saturday, September 1, 2012

Sponsors, Partners and Products, Oh My

My upcoming run across Wyoming has brought out some great people I need to thank for their support. See what the Summit Hut, Back Country Rescue and Red Rock Running Company have done for me!

The Summit Hut has graciously offered their support on yet another one of my epic runs. They helped me on my run of the Arizona Trail, my run across Iowa, Nebraska and Nevada all on the American Discovery Trail and now Wyoming on the Oregon Trail. This year, they are my official food supplier and I will be capping off each 40+ mile day of running with 2 or 3 (4?) two-person yummy freeze dried dinners.  Thanks Summit Hut!


Back Country Rescue was a huge help for my last run across Nevada. They supplied me with a great crew member and wilderness EMT Hewett Brown who tended to my feet, diet, and hydration issues. He has been sent out into the field once again and will be my primary support crew on this trip across Wyoming.  Thanks BCR!


Red Rock Running Company joined me to support my run across Nevada. This awesome Las Vegas based running store supplied me with my awesome Mizuno Wave Ascend shoes across Nevada and they're along for the ride in Wyoming as well.  Thanks Red Rock!

Besides enjoying the beauty of travel on these trips, I love it when my running can have a positive impact on the people and places I run.  That's why I was so pleased to hear that two environmental organizations were going to be working with me to promote this trip and preservation efforts along the trail I will be running. These are the Wyoming Outdoor Council and the Alliance for Historic Wyoming.










As much of the remaining Oregon Trail is largely unchanged from what the travelers experienced 160 years ago, potential energy development is literally on the horizon and I'm hoping future generations will be able to experience   the trail as I will be able to - seeing and hearing just what the settlers experienced.


Thanks WOC and AHW! I also need to thank many great people at the various BLM offices who have sent me information, answered numerous questions and lent their support of this trip.  Special thanks goes to Gary Long, former BLM manager for his assistance.

Happy trails to all of my supporting organizations and individuals!


1 comment:

  1. What about Home Front, which provided two weeks of free lunch packing and your scale?

    ReplyDelete