Sunday, August 18, 2013

Wisconsin: in all its glory!

It has been an amazing first three days in my run across Wisconsin on the Ice Age Trail. The great locals have made quite a reputation on me already with their kindness, generosity and support of my run. Two locals with the Ice Age Trail on a journalist came out to send me off at Interstate Park in St Croix Falls on Friday, Aug 16. A beautiful deep river gorge make for a stunning backdrop at the start.

This trail joins a rail trail called the Gandy Dancer for the first 20 miles. It was great: bridges, groomed, shaded and easy. Then in Luck, I really was. See the short video to see what treat awaited me there. When I was burning fumes to get to Cumberland for the night, a nice family pulled over to cheer me on. The dad and mom brought me deer fly repellent strips, the daughter had knitted me a bracelet and the son told me how he ran 200 miles suing recess in 1st grade! Pretty great.

Then while eating dinner at Nezzy's Sports Bar and Grill, the staff asked for my signature, took my picture and bought my pizza. Then they drove me to my motel! i don't think it gets any better!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TJI4n2P9cNY

2 comments:

  1. Nice work, Stark! Thanks for putting up the videos- helps an office boy like myself feel like I'm on the trail!

    Andrew DuBois

    ReplyDelete