Sunday, June 20, 2010

Another wet n wild day

TJ, my host and one of the general managers of the restaurant drove me back to the trail in Eagle this morning. I took care of my blisters last night which had formed on the center of both forefeet and three of my right toes. There were some dark clouds ahead and I thought I was pacing myself to allow the storm to pass in front of me. Just as I crossed a road with a memorial to a biker who was killed in a vehicle collision, I saw some lightening ahead. Wouldn't that be a dandy thing to have happen to me on Father's Day? The nearest farmhouse was a quarter of a mile up a hill back on the road. I decided to press ahead as it didn't look too bad. Just then, a double bolt of lightening stuck the ground on both sides of the trail, causing me to hightail it back up the trail and road to the farmhouse. The farmer must have been watching the whole thing as he and his son were sitting on the porch waiting for me. We sat and watched the storm swirl over the farm and a bolt struck close.

1 comment:

  1. Thank heavens you used good judgment. This sounds eerily like the bad weather you had running across Nevada!

    ReplyDelete