Friday, June 18, 2010

Day 2 Part 2

"I'm doin just fine", I lied. We agreed to try and meet near The Testicle Festival in 2 hours. There's a pedestrian bridge across the Platte River and people had been giving me various updates about it throughout the day. "You cant get there - the road is closed, the bridge is flooded, and you'll never make it by tonight, no one could. Two out of three were right, well, sort of. The road was closed but only to cars. None of the road crew seemed to mind as I weaved through the asphalt pavers and striping machines. It did mean that I was running on fresh blacktop. MMMmm, fresh backtop. When I got to the pedestrian bridge 4 miles later, the trail to the bridge was under water and I waded knee deep through the mud and water. On the other side of the bridge the reporter from the Lincoln Journal Star and a photographer. They gave me a much welcome ride off my route 3 miles to the Testicle Festival. A freelance writer for The Travel Channel also showed up and interviewed and filmed me and TJ

No comments:

Post a Comment