Sunday, June 20, 2010

Day 4 Part 2

The immediate thunder that boomed made all three of us scream, not something I'm hearing much from Nebraskan farmers on this trip. The rest of the day my feet hurt a bit but the miles came easy enough. These shorter days are helping me recover my stamina. When I came into Lincoln, I noted that I had arrived at Peter Pan Park - a funny coincidence after writing on day one that my legs were looking for Neverland. Ross, a friend of mine from Lincoln, and "Mr. Trails" as he's known in these parts, picked me up to host me. We went to a running store where I got a pair of road shoes, insoles, and some new socks. Hopefully the fit will be better and my feet will still be able to make miles while they recover. I laugh as I write this because I'm exactly like the people I used to make fun of on the Appalachian Trail: they'd have blisters, but then keep hiking and they'd develop blisters inside their blisters. That won't happen to me, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment