Monday, June 28, 2010

Days 10 & 11

This trip is an exercise in accepting the lowest lows that insert themselves with stellar highs. Case in point: my day off in Grand Island. I wanted to take in a museum and some movies. The museum was a couple of miles away and I walked there as the city had no bus service. Once there I visited with the historical reenacters living in the year 1880 and decided to head back to town to watch some movies as the temp was getting back to the 90's. None of the couples leaving the museum would agree to give me a lift back to town. One pair of older woman even said, "You wouldn't want to ride with us if you saw our van - it's a mess." Wanna bet on that. I know people are more cautious these days and the fact that I was at a tourist destination didn't help. I walked back to the far side of town, about 3 mi. This time to get to the theatre. It was cool, dark and lovely. That night I got to meet my other couchsurfing host and we had one of the best conversations of my trip as we taled about...

No comments:

Post a Comment