Saturday, June 19, 2010

Day 3 Part 2

I held out the card for one of the riders to take. We exchanged no words. As I was running west at 5 miles an hour and they were biking eastat13 miles per hour, there was only a split second for the exchange. And he certainly had no idea what I was handing him. He looked slightly hesitent at first but then grasped it firmly at the last second. It was a success and we never said a word. An hour and a half later they had turned around and when they got back to me
they slowed down to ask questions about my trip. I was able to answer their questions but the most exciting difference
about this year's trip has been the connectivity with friends, fans and family. Being able to upload video of myself running - to be viewed by my mom who is in China this week while my brother conducts a concert with his symphonic choir - is outstanding.

1 comment:

  1. It was a THRILL to see the video of you running, Brian!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete