Saturday, June 19, 2010

Day 3

My feet usually swell up one half size on these trips so I sized my shoes up for that. On day 1, I felt a slittle slip in them because my feet hadn't swollen yet. I thightened them and that made the material bunch up on top of my foot wear some spots through my skin. To counter that, I loosened the shoes today which relieved the pressure on top but then caused slippage on the bottom. The whole thing is my own fault. If I trained regularly this wouln't be an issue. But since I view my own running as a means of transportation more than sport, I don't usually give my body near the prep it deserves.

After a slow start I adjusted the laces differently and was able to settle into a slow jog. I saw two bikers headed towards me on the path that I had all to myself this morning. I decided to try a new trick. As they were 20 yards away I pulled out a business card and readied to hand it to them. I knew there wouldn't be time to try and stop them so as they were closing in at 5 yds I got ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment