Friday, June 18, 2010

Day 2

Stayed in the motel room just long enough to know USA would have a hard time handling the smallest country at the world cup. I now see that I missed a good game but I'm glad I put some miles down while it was relatively cool and cloudy. And guess what? My legs found their way back to Neverland! Once I remembered the importance of fueling up every hour the miles have come easier. After a meandering route through some beautiful parks I got to Hwy 50 with a gravel trail running beside. This is the MoPac Trail - a converted rail bed. One section was preserved when a local couple bought the rightaway and then donated it to the local public land managers. With shady trees and scenic trestles it was a vast improvement to the highway shoulder. There were sections of trail which were sunny though. Melting in the afternoon, I decided to lay down on my Tyvek groundcloth. Just as I got comfy in the shade of a tree the phone rang. It was a reporter from Lincoln who was going to try and meet me.

No comments:

Post a Comment