Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Homeward Bound III

Turned out it had just reopened as I got there and I filled up on a lemonade and more water. Then it was only 3 to a road junction and only 9 more to Sterling. If I had spent the day counting up to 44 I would have never made it. But 7 here, a little 3 there, it's managable. I even did that on tired legs and little sleep after my sbower stall "nap". Once I heard that I had a ride offer to Denver, my feet felt more sore. My legs ached. I had planned on running 33 today to Brush, CO. I found out a flight change wasn't that expensive and decided to do a short run to finish off the trip. I ran 13 miles to Merino,CO, where I saw I had reached an elevation of 4000 feet on my way to Denver. I took that as another noteworthy accomplishment after coming from less than half that 600 miles earlier. I got lunch in a bar, a ride to Brush, and Jim, his wife Sarah and 2 of their 5 kids picked me up in their van. They treated me to Olive Garden in Denver, then dropped me off at a hotel near the airport

No comments:

Post a Comment