Sunday, July 4, 2010

off the lake part 2

to open a new restaurant which will include home-grown fresh vegetables. She drove me past her destination and left me much better than when found. Five miles of road walking put me just past Ash Hollow State Park. If I wasn't so concerned about going the remaining 30 miles to town I would have stopped in. A nice local drove me 5 miles further. At that point I could no longer see the lake, only expansive wheat fields on rolling hills. The visibility must have been 12 miles in all directions, at least.
I was still 20+ miles from Ogallala. I had been walking and standing for 4 hours after the short nit. Being able to see 12 miles ahead and knowing you still have 20 to go makes you try harder at thumbing than walking. I pulled out a $5 bilL. Holding my thumb out and pinching the bill in my fingers, I hoped drivers would see I had money and just needed a ride. Perhaps now is a good time to restate my position on hitching. I wouldn't recommend it. Kids should forget it. It's probably

No comments:

Post a Comment