Thursday, July 1, 2010

North Platte - 35 miles

A mentally tough day with long empty stretches to North Platte. Started off with 13 miles to Brady for a drink. Then 9 more to Maxwell for a late lunch. My ideal afternoon is an easy 9 miles but it was still 14 to the end in North Platte. Perks along the way were another tv interview on the road and meeting a transcon biker from Tucson. Google "crazy guy on a bike" to find his blog. He's 73 and the picture of health. I'm glad I made 35 miles today but I had to earn every inch of it. Luckily the wind picked up in the afternoon and a few clouds hovered over me for a welcome change. I'll post the link for the second tv interview on facebook like I did with the first one. Glad so many of you enjoyed that. Tomorrow evening at Ole's! If you're in the area, I'd love to see you there in Paxton. With the 4th coming up I had been thinking of being in Ogallala for the fireworks but it's looking like strong storms are predicted so I might just start my lap around Lake McConaughy.

No comments:

Post a Comment