Sunday, July 4, 2010

off the lake part 4

took me to my motel, then offered to buy me lunch. Sitting at Pizza Hut we each ordered a meat pasta marinara. He talked about his four sons, his 14 grand-kids and his 23 great-grand kids. He lives alone in Kansas now but you can quickly tell how much a part of his life his sons are. We talked about families, what causes their downfall, and various ways people succeed in life. 11 hours earlier I was laying on a sandy dirty shower stall floor when a sick (or drunk) camper came into a toilet stall to vomit. Fast forward to noon and I am fed, in town with a room and two new friends. Sometimes, enough is better than a feast. Happy Independence Day, when it's also okay to be dependent on others once in awhile.

1 comment:

  1. Brian, your story brought tears to my eyes. What a beautiful life lesson - "enough is better than a feast."

    ReplyDelete