Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Homeward Bound

The goal of this trip was always to cross Nebraska. I reached that goal two days ago. A secondary goal was to run the additional 241 miles of the American Discovery Trail from the NE border to Denver where the trail joins its own southern and western route. In the past 3 days I've run 75 miles of that. Not surprisingly, the miles were very similar to the stretches in Nebraska. I was impressed that I was able to pull off the 44 mile day on top of a 36 the day before. Last night I got an email from my friend Jim from Gallup in Omaha. He had been one of the 11 to meet me and run the first miles with me in Omaha. He also gave up a Sunday morning to drive 5 hours to run 17 miles with me on a long stretch near Grand Island. Today, he was planning to drive his family from Omaha to Denver. He wanted to know if I wanted a ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment