Sunday, July 4, 2010

Off the Lake

And now, for the exciting conclusion to the night at Haunted Lake! Okay, so maybe it wasn't really haunted. After my 3 hour cat nap on a shower curtain in the campground bathhouse, I readied my gear and headed out under dark skies at 6 am. The lake is 60 miles around and my route doesn't quite circle it but almost. Since I was going off route to Ogallala for fireworks today, and the lack of sleep, I walked the road and looked for rides. They were few and far between today. However, one of my new favorite qoutes is, "Enough is as good as a feast." After an hour of walking (and finding a current Iowa plate and a life jacket, a Suziki car pulled over after having turned around for me. It was a woman, Kris, and her dog. They were on their way for a run and decided I looked harmless enough. I was struggling this morning. Tired. Damp. Lots of miles and threat of rain. Kris was a good listener and just what I needed in that moment. What's really cool is that she's putting plans in place for a

No comments:

Post a Comment