Saturday, July 3, 2010

Quote of the Day

I ran to lake McConaughy today. Met a farmer who taught me how to tell if a wheat field had been hailed on. There are small pockets in the wheat if so. Then I got a ride across the 3.5 mile dam with no shoulders and "festive" drivers. I think my ride may have been one of them. Finally, as I was running along the 22 mile lake, an SUV pulled over and a guy said, "Hey Hippie Dude."Yes, my barechested sloshy frat boy," I thought. "I could tell you were doing something crazy.. Can we give you something for your hat? Do you want to smoke a bowl with us? You should stay with us tonight. We'll feed you, do some drugs and party." "Thanks, I think I'll keep running." An hour later I had a decidedly different encounter with a family of four ouside their pop-up camper. All I had asked for was to store my pack near their camper while I went for a swim in the lake. That turned into me sitting in their lawn chair sipping a Pepsi, eating a delicious hot dog, and hearing all about his recent triathalon

No comments:

Post a Comment